Mar 22, 2011

Cleaning Up for Spring

I have been spending time off and on over the past few days cleaning out my digital cobwebs.  For me, a large part of that has been sifting all of the GooGle Reader items I've shared, saving shortcuts when appropriate (I do have one or two useful ideas in there with all the lolcats).
One that I had completely forgotten about was an item published originally by the Washington Post, about President Obama's wish to have the White House visitors' log made public online.

And hallelujah, the list is still being updated!  Good WH Staff!  Thanks Mr. President!  Such a really simple and gracious thing to do.  Pity it took so long - no other POTUS thought it important, I guess - but thanks for getting it done.  And also for making sure it wasn't a four week dog and pony show.

My wife and I took our girls for a flying circus tour of DC last Summer.  I'm in school so we don't have a lot of money but I really wanted them to see Washington around the age I did.  We came in on a Thursday night train from Boston; stayed at Phoenix Park Friday, and went home Saturday night.  Not for everyone - wife and girl #1 won't do it again - but the younger one!  She'll go for it, just to get back to the Air and Space museum again.

No comments:

Post a Comment